Friday, November 13, 2015

TROLLS AND THE INTERNET

Once upon a time, there was a college student called Andres. Andres was a good kid; everyone around him knew that. However, he had a secret. Andres was a troll. Every afternoon after school, he went to his house's basement to post and comment on the social media. Posting and commenting is a normal action of humanity in actual life, however, Andres' comments were not normal. On internet, Andres was not the same. He liked to argue a lot about whatever topic, but his comments didn't have any support. His only purpose was to discuss with others. Andres was an ignorant and stupid troll that enjoyed so much arguing with smart people; he feed from it. One day, Andres was in business, but no one wanted to argue with him. He commented and commented all over again but didn't get response. Every day happened the same, After two months Andres stop being a troll. THE END

I know what you are thinking right now. I am not good at creating stories, but I wanted to express my opinion through it. I am sure that everyone has been in a discussion with a troll, ignorant person, over whatever topic on the internet. I personally fall into that a lot of times. For example, two months ago I saw a picture on facebook. It was a comparision between watching the "2012" movie, which was released on 2009 and was about the end of the world, before 2012 and after 2012. It showed a scared person watching it before 2012, and another enjoying the movie after 2012. I commented on the picture, "I watched this movie in 2010, but I wasn't scared." Then a troll came and commented, "How could you watch the movie in 2010 if it was released in 2012? You stupid." I expalin to him that the movie is called 2012, but it was released in 2009. This troll was trying to argue with me because after I explain him, he still didn't accept he was wrong. The only solution I found was to stop replying back. This is the solution, don't feed the troll. Andres changed because peope didn't feed his desire to argue. Help to eliminate trolls by not replying back. And also, don't be a troll.

1 comment:

  1. "The ignorant never realizes his mistake nor accepts advice," is what Ali ibn Abu Talib once said. I totally agree with you. No matter how correct you are an ignorant person will never agree because in their mind they are always correct, even though they are not. The point however I think is to never argue with ignorant people because they will never see your point of view. They will refuse the truth even though they are false.

    ReplyDelete